After Rawyia Zreik, we are welcoming in my research group
(statistical learning and networks) another new Ph. D. student
Arnaud de Myttenaere.
Arnaud is a 2013 graduate from ENSAE ParisTech and ENS Cachan (Research Master
MVA). During his Master he studied graph theory, econometrics, time series,
MCMC, and biostatistics. He started working at Viadeo in May 2013 as a social
network analyst, and is joining us as a PhD Student (CIFRE) to continue his
work on recommender systems in social networks. In his spare time, Arnaud
enjoys running and he is also a passionate about machine learning and is a
regular challenger in Kaggle competitions
I'm particularly looking forward for this thesis for a lot of reasons. In no
- this is the first academic thesis sponsored by Viadeo (in the context of
the cifre system that favor industrial partnership), big pressure!
- this is a major opportunity of testing ideas and new methods on a real
system with all the difficulties and rewards that implies;
- Arnaud is super motivated, so are our partners at Viadeo;
- this is the first thesis between my lab (the SAMM) and the computer science
lab of Paris 1, the CRI;
- and I'll be coadvising Arnaud with my friend
Bénédicte Le Grand.